Keep Yateley, Frogmore & Darby Green Tidy!
Last Modified: Friday, 21st August 2020
From Monday 14th - Friday 18th September, help us to keep Yateley, Frogmore and Darby Green tidy!
We're taking part in Keep Britain Tidy's 'Great British September Clean'. This will be a week long event, where we want to encourage everyone to pledge to pick, whether for ten minutes or ten hours, in your household bubbles or up to 5 other people. We’ll provide the litter pickers, the bags, even handy information on how to keep yourself safe and where you might want to start picking first.
From Monday 14th to Friday 18th September, between 9am and 4pm, come along to the Council Offices at Yateley Green, Reading Road, Yateley, GU46 7RP to collect your equipment and do your bit to help keep Yateley, Frogmore and Darby Green tidy!
Earlier this year, we launched our ‘Keep Yateley Tidy’ and ‘Keep Frogmore and Darby Green Tidy’ events, calling on you to help keep the area that we love clean, as part of #KeepBritainTidy's national #GreatBritishSpringClean campaign. Sadly, due to matters beyond on our control, the clean-up had to be put on hold, but we are thrilled to be back in action and announce that we’ll be taking part in the Great British September Clean.
All equipment will be sanitised before and after use, and you can go out to pick for as long as you’d like, wherever you’d like in the local area. Once you’re done, you’ll just need to bring your equipment and rubbish bags back to the Council Offices, then you’ll have done your part to make a real difference to our environment!
We hope to see lots of you joining the country’s biggest mass-participation environmental campaign – you’ll be a #LitterHero and show how much you love where we live.
How does it work?
- Come to the Council offices to borrow a litter picker, gloves, high-visibility waistcoat, and to collect some black waste bags.
- Read the guidance, then sign to say that you’re aware of the risks and are happy to continue. We’ll take some details from you when you borrow the equipment, but we won’t keep these after the event.
- Go litter picking! Enjoy making a difference to our local area.
- When you fill up your bags, bring them back to the Council offices where you can collect more or hand back your equipment.
- Go home, relax and feel like the #LitterHero that you are!