Virtual Town Council Meetings
Last Modified: Wednesday, 27th January 2021
Virtual Council Meetings During COVID-19
The law has been changed to allow Councils to hold official meetings from a remote platform, such as videoconferencing, during the current COVID-19 outbreak.
The Council will be holding virtual sessions for all of our forthcoming meetings. Meetings will be held via Zoom and members of the public can join in the meeting by following the instructions below.
The meeting will be live streamed via the council's Facebook page www.facebook.com/YateleyTC to make it possible for the public to view the meeting as it is taking place. If we have technical difficulties on the day, a recording of the meeting may be posted on our Facebook page afterward.
Next Scheduled Virtual Council Meetings?
- Planning & Licensing Committee, 22nd January 2021, 11.00am - click here to join the meeting automatically
- Community & Environment Committee, 1st February 2021, 7.00pm - click here to join automatically
- Planning & Licensing Committee, 5th February 2021, 11.00am - click here to join the meeting automatically
- Finance & Policy Committee, 15th February 2021, 7.00pm - click here to join the meeting automatically
- Planning & Licensing Committee, 19th February 2021, 11.00am - joining details to follow
Taking Part in our Virtual Council Meetings
If you would like to take part in the Open Forum section of the virtual meeting please:
- Inform the Town Clerk of any question you may have for any item on the agenda before the meeting. The deadline for this will be stated on the agenda. The Council will review any questions during the virtual meeting.
- You may also join the Zoom meeting by following the instructions above. Please note that your microphone will be active only when you have indicated that you wish to speak during the Open Forum item and muted during the rest of the meeting but you will still be able to see and hear the meeting discussions throughout. Members of the public can comment on any item on the agenda. Any other comments will be only allowed at the Chairman's discretion.
- The Open Forum section will be limited to 15 minutes in total, as usual.
- GDPR - if you are happy for video footage of yourself to be streamed live via Facebook, we will need your written consent. If you do not wish to give your consent or do not wish to be publicly identified, you can still join and take part in the meeting anonymously - in Zoom please mute your microphone (until the Open Forum section) and stop your video in the Zoom settings.