Virtual Town Council Meetings
Last Modified: Wednesday, 8th July 2020
Virtual Council Meetings during COVID-19
The law has been changed to allow Councils to hold official meetings from a remote platform, such as videoconferencing, during the current COVID-19 outbreak.
The Council will be holding virtual sessions for the majority of our forthcoming meetings. Meetings will be held via Zoom and members of the public can join in the meeting by following the instructions below. The meeting will be recorded and will be made available to view online for 3 days following the meeting.
Next Scheduled Virtual Council Meetings
- Planning & Licensing Committee, 10th July 2020, 11.00am - please click here to join the Zoom meeting
- Finance & Policy Committee, 13th July 2020, 7.00pm - please click here to join the Zoom meeting
- Planning & Licensing Committee, 24th July 2020, 11.00am - joining details to follow
- Full Council, 27th July 2020, 7.00pm - joining details to follow
- Planning & Licensing Committee,14th August 2020, 11.00am - joining details to follow
Public Participation for Virtual Meetings
If you would like to take part in the public participation section of the virtual meeting please:
- Inform the Town Clerk of any question you may have for any item on the agenda before the meeting. The deadline for this will be stated on the agenda. The Council will review any questions during the virtual meeting.
- You may also join the Zoom meeting by following the instructions above. Please note that your microphone will be active only when you have indicated that you wish to speak during the Open Forum item and muted during the rest of the meeting but you will still be able to see and hear the meeting discussions throughout. Members of the public can comment on any item on the agenda. Any other comments will be only allowed at the Chairman's discretion.
- The Open Forum section will be limited to 15 minutes in total, as usual.