COVID-19 Time Capsule
Last Modified: Thursday, 28th May 2020
We would like to put together a time capsule to document what Yateley was like during COVID-19.
This project, created and organised by Cllr. Jenny Cole, aims to be something that can be used and looked at by local residents and schools, both now and in the future. Yateley Society have kindly offered aspace on their website for a digital version of the capsule, which anyone can access at any time. We also hope to have a box of physical items too (location of this TBC).
We need the residents of Yateley to submit items that represent our community during lockdown. These could include:
- Photos and videos of:
- Deserted/quieter areas and roads that are normally busy
- Taped up playgrounds, gym equipment and public facilities
- Working from home
- Keyworkers going to work
- Virtual celebrations
- How you have kept in touch with loved ones
- New measures in supermarkets and essential shops
- Daily exercise
- Social distancing
- Rainbows around Yateley
- Clapping for Keyworkers on Thursdays
- VE Day celebrations
- Helpers and heroes – people in our community who are helping others (from NHS staff, carers, teachers, shop workers, to volunteers and everything in between)
- Acts of kindness - this could be anything from someone delivering your shopping, leaving you an unexpected surprise, helping you find an item you haven’t been able to buy or anything else that someone has done to be kind
- ?Written pieces, poems, pictures etc. from children that portray their experiences of the pandemic/lockdown
- Diary entries
- We also welcome submissions that may be sad or more personal. This will be important to include, as we don’t want the seriousness of this pandemic to be ignored.
- Anything else that represents this period of time!
Cllr. Jenny Cole would also like to edit together a video lots of people’s video footage of this time, so all videos are much appreciated. If you haven’t already got them filmed, please film in landscape.
To submit your entries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your digital submissions to your email where possible, or use wetransfer.com* to send larger files, like videos. If you would like to submit a physical item, please email Cllr. Cole who will be able to advise you where you can safely drop the item off.
If you have any questions, please email Cllr. Cole at the email address above.
*This is a free, secure file sharing website.